Late start of the previous 2015 year winter gave us a chance to finish all planned preparations.
We moved the mobile coop to the main farm, attached its water heater to electricity, added a tempo tent for chicken run, prepared the greenhouse and planted winter greens.
I even had time to set an experiment to store potatoes, recycled from the grocery store. I dug them into a pile of wood chips.
Though, wet and warm winter start was not good for chickens. I lost many of them to deceases. Most likely because of stale water under the coop and around it.
In spite of all problems chickens continued to lay eggs. The egg productions drastically dropped, but never stopped entirely. Even in the shortest day we had some eggs.
The funniest of all was a hen called Farby. She decided to get broody, probably to cover the losses. I was routinely taking her eggs, but she sat on new eggs each day. Finally, on December 23rd I got 6 straw bales as a present. I took this as a sign to let the nature prevail. So Farby got her private quarters with straw the same day. By this time she was sitting on different eggs for at least 10 days.